Friday, August 22, 2008

Pictures by Peynet

I have a few precious vintage scarves which I am making up into cushion covers. I have made each cover in such a way that the scarf is not cut up at all, but simply folded and stitched!
My favourite is a whimsical French one - so - I really was pleased to read Heather Moore's article on illustrator Raymond Peynet a while ago. His work appeared on porcelain, dolls, books, medals, statues and my scarf!The drawings are so simple and they tell a love story! It is going to be very hard for me to put this on my etsy shop, but it will be there soon!

7 comments:

Jesse said...

Beautiful! I like the idea of using the scarf without cutting it as well.

Heloise said...

Oh it is so whimsical and I love the fact that you've kept it in one piece.

Anairam said...

These are so stunning - I can understand how you'd want to keep them!

please sir said...

These are so fun!

Estelle said...

(Today is one of those days when my system just would not show your post - I've checked 5 times during the day - glad you are here!)
Wow, the pictures convey an entire story, with a sense of the mood.
"Whimsical" is such a lovely word to describe this!

A home far away said...

What a lovely idea I just love it. To bad I don´t have any scarfes, except the one I just around my neck when I´m blogging (the aircon is blowing right at me:-)

Have a great coming week

//Gunilla in Singapore

Quail said...

The print of the couple in the fountain is VERY cute!