Friday, October 24, 2008

More on Bottle Chandeliers

The weather here has been rainy and misty! Typical October weather! Lovely for the garden, but not so good for snapping the things I am working on!
So...

Following on from the Milk Bottle Chandelier yesterday, I thought I would show you a few more bottles that have light bulbs in them!

Droog used milk bottles too in this striking Chandelier:
Inhabitat featured this public-art installation in Arlington County in Virginia, where five-hundred and twenty-two solar-powered LEDs on rods were each topped with a reused plastic bottle Meyda stock a huge variety of Bottle LightingMichelle Brand has a floor-to-ceiling cascade lamp made from plastic bottle bottoms! I must say I am eyeing my empty water bottles in a whole new light now!

4 comments:

Shellbells said...

awesome find !!! I love the last one....note to self must try to make one!!! thanks for the eye candy...have been lurking your blog for a while, very nice, love your style!!

Estelle said...

You really do find such amazing, beautiful sites with lovely sights!
I really must re-think my way of recycling straight into a Green bin!

kendalee said...

These are brilliant! I love the installation piece and especially that last chandeliery-type one. People are so clever aren't they? And when they turn it on to projects like this, such good things happen... lovely.

Anairam said...

Love the chandeliers! You know what, I have a huge big bag full of Skip bulbs - those round plastic things that are on top of Skip bottles - to put in your washing machine. I've always had a fantasy of constructing a chandelier with it - maybe I should try?!