Tuesday, November 25, 2008

To Do Book

I wanted to cover my new To-Do Book in a creative way. I love woven ribbon cushion covers, and thought I would try something similar with some scrap cardboard strips I had.I took the longer strips and glued them to the inside cover of the book. Then I wove shorter black strips through. I decorated 2 of the strips with some ribbon. Once I had woven my way around the book, I secured the remaining loose ends on the inside back cover. I dotted glue on the shorter strips, to stop them from slipping out. I am happy with the outcome. Hopefully it will be easy to find the book in amongst my other stuff, with it's allround checkerboard look.

7 comments:

Shellbells said...

lovely idea!!!

kendalee said...

Love this! :)

Estelle said...

Oh that is just gorgeous. I'm always finding something to do when I have real things that must be done, and I think this will be a nice distraction. Looks great!

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

that is a great idea!

Anairam said...

I love your projects Denise! (I still have my magazine side table!) I am going to try this on a journal I bought a while ago!

Anonymous said...

great !

Heloise said...

clever girl