Thursday, January 15, 2009

Granny Hexagons!!

I find it so cool that my daughter actually wants me to crochet a blanket for her new look bedroom! She fancied hexagons - so I guess that makes these Granny Hexagons instead of Granny Squares! The colourful blanket will contrast nicely with her white bed linen and funky, arty room! The other cool thing is - my mom is staying with me at the moment as she is temporarily wheelchair bound after a foot op. She has offered to finish off all these threads for me while she is here. Yay! Thanks mom.

7 comments:

Heloise said...

Funky stuff!
Where would we be with out our moms?

eilandkind/islandchild said...

That is going to be beautiful. I LOVE colourful crochet blanckets on beds/chairs/couches, beautiful!

Anairam said...

EVERYone is doing granny squares/hexagons! I am getting so excited about them! Did you see the great picture on Heather's blog? Aaaaah, I feel compelled to move the granny square project to the top of my list of 'fabric' projects - maybe some of your skill will rub off on me. Hey wait, I do not have any wool yet..

Jesse said...

That's going to be gorgeous! And how lovely to have someone around to work all the ends in ;)

kendalee said...

Three generations united by one gorgeously funky blanket - very cool!

Unknown said...

wow, these are so great! i bet the finished project will be spectacular.

Estelle said...

Your family is precious! Glad your mom is with you at this time. She is a brave woman to tackle all those ends - that's where my project usually stops for a few years.