Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Bean Green

As you may know by now, I am passionate about excellent coffee, which is one of the reasons I owned a quirky coffee shop for a couple of years!So I was delighted to visit the Bean Green Coffee Roastery in Davenport Durban yesterday. It's a long time since I have had such a stunning cup of coffee!It is one of those places that intrigue me. There are a lot of reasons why it could not work - a limited menu, few staff and simple decor. But that is exactly why it does work. The place was crowded, the service really friendly and of course, the coffee was excellent! The background music comes from a record player! When we left, some of the customers greeted us too, and told us we must come back again! A lovely vibe all round. It definitely has the x-factor!

7 comments:

Estelle said...

Oh that just looks gorgeous! I'll add it to my list for when I next come to Durbs. Love the record player!
(First time I've heard of Davenport in Durbs, but found another blog that refers to "the market-vibe shopping district of Davenport Road".)

kendalee said...

Oh how lovely! I particularly like the look of their menu - Peppermint Pudding... Is that made with Peppermint Crisp I wonder? A great SA treat. My brother makes an awesome one.

Monika said...

Sounds great!
I love coffe, too and especially nice cofee shops!

ELK said...

the name is a mouthful...a record player...incredible...nice images!

Elv Freiheit said...

Mmmmm… Looks gorgeous! I didn't realise you owned a coffee shop! My grandparents lived in Davenport for a while. I wish there was something that lovely then! Good coffee is one of the most beautiful things – lattés with leaves definitely make me smile.

Tommy Bahama Bedding said...

Sounds like a great place to visit :) I like the idea of an un-fussy coffee joint.

Anonymous said...

I am SO excited to be going there myself tomorrow!