Monday, September 21, 2009

Hartford House

I am not a horsey person, but after getting up close to this lot, my heart melted. These gorgeous animals live at Hartford House in the KZN Midlands.
That's where my husband took me this past weekend because I have a big birthday coming up soon that ends with a 0! Unfortunately I had one of the worst colds I have had in years, but managed to dose myself up to enjoy the lively gracious homestead-that-is-now-a-hotel and thoroughly enjoy the 5 course dinner on Saturday night. Every bit of food was a gastronomic work of art!Staying at Hartford House is a real treat! I have never slept on a bed where I personally had 8 cushions and pillows to myself!

5 comments:

Estelle said...

Wow, that is so beautiful - it looks so colonial and regal! I'm glad you were able to enjoy it despite your cold.
It reminded me of your experience with ellies earlier this year!
What a lovely way to pre-celebrate your big 0...

Jesse said...

It looks so peaceful there. Glad you had a good weekend, I hope your cold is going away.

Monika said...

What an awesome place! And the horses are lovelvy! I love them!!

Anairam said...

What a treat! I hope you enjoyed this pre-birthday celebration (except for the cold of course). Pre-happy birthday!

Down Pillow said...

Love the horse pic - they really are beautiful animals :)