Tuesday, May 25, 2010

It's a Beautiful Day

I am so delighted that our friend Callie found this vintage scrabble set and gave it to me the other day.  I have been looking for one for ages and ages!
I have set it up as a piece of  interactive art in my living room.  I am waiting to see what friends and family decide to 'write' with the letters.
I started out with this statement, because May has been the most gorgeous month here with lovely warm days, cooler evenings and lots of gentle sunshine!
Scrabble is my favourite board game, so I am delighted to have this vintage version, besides the plastic one we've had for years. I love the vintage colours of the board too!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool, can't wait to leave some Balderdash classics.

Miss Molly said...

wow.. this is sooo cool! such a great idea! xoxo

Denise Kiggan said...

Tyrone - Yes Balderdash, as you know is my next most favourite!
Looking forward to seeing your words!

callie said...

Yay! I'm so glad. It looks beautiful...

coelho said...

also a huge scrabble fan!

Estelle said...

My contributions:
You are one of a kind.
Beautiful weather in Jozi too.

(How many points did I earn?)

Unknown said...

This is such a great idea! I love it! :)

wood & wool stool said...

the magic of letters

Kat said...

I love scrabble! That's more than your allotted seven letters tho... :)
Your board looks exactly the same as the one my mom has, love the wooden letters. Plastic is just not the same.

Anairam said...

Clever you! I like interactive art. And I actually have an old scrabble set in the garage. I think what I'll write first is: "Too many words!" or "No more work!" or "Editing is sooo tedious!"
Darn, what a pity there are no exclamation marks in Scrabble.

Nadia Jonker said...

Great idea. Really like it! x