Monday, June 14, 2010

Indie Flags

In a country that's had it's ups and downs, we are experiencing a time of incredible national pride here in South Africa.  Hosting the Soccer World Cup has been an exciting and unifying experience.

There are lots of South African flags to buy out there, but my daughter Christy and I decided to make an Indie Flag Garland to mark the occasion.
 She insisted that I draw the original pictures - and I can't draw.  She then worked her magic with my line drawings of a leaf, mealie[maize], heart, hadeda and agapanthus flower and made them into a pattern, which she printed on recycled paper to become a patterned South African Flag!
These were a sell out at the I♥market, and I am hoping the beginning of many exciting collaborative projects between us!
Thanks for the mention - Jo of Coelho Culture! Our first customer.

9 comments:

Lauren Setterberg said...

That is the best version of the flag I've seen! Lovely stuff guys

ELK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ELK said...

i think your collaboration shows so well here...

Estelle said...

That's so great! I love the pics you and your daughter chose. Clever, creative ladies you are.

Kat said...

Lovely flags - you should definitely combine your creative talents more in the future.

size too small said...

i love these! world cup has been so fun- i love everybody's spirit.

Anairam said...

I love LOVE your SA flag garland! I don't watch sport, it is just not my thing, but I am participating in the soccer mania in a BIG way - I plant a flag in a potplant outside our house every morning, I have a flag flying from my car window, I shout and scream and dance in front of the TV and generally drive L'Usband bonkers. And last night I cried when we were given a red card by that horrible ref. So harsh!

eilandkind/islandchild said...

oeeee, I love that!
My heart is totally in South Africa at the moment.

dlgallant said...

I love your stuff -- and your blog! Can you tell me where you got the rose picture on the mantel?