Sunday, June 27, 2010

World Cup Soccer

On Friday I experienced my first ever World Cup Soccer Match.
 I am so glad that my husband disregarded my wishes all those months ago when he put in a bid for some tickets.  He asked me if I would like to go to a match and told him I would rather have the money.  Fortunately he booked for me anyhow, and I am so glad he did.
It was an incredible experience! The game wasn't all that exciting, but being a part of the festive crowds in the beautiful Moses Mabhida Stadium was a once-in-a-lifetime experience!
Even getting there was fun.  We parked at the Pavilion Shopping Centre and then caught a taxi into central Durban, where we were loaded on to a bus which took us to the stadium.
The organisation was excellent and the staff super friendly and efficient! Such a fun day!

7 comments:

Lauren Setterberg said...

Ah thats brilliant! Good to hear it was so slick and organized. I wish I'd gone to a match now!

flowerpress said...

I watched the start of that game and thought of you there!

Estelle said...

Such lovely pics! So colourful.
I'm sorry the game was not the "much anticipated" one it had been touted.
Thoroughly enjoyed watching it on TV knowing that you were there!

Di Overton said...

After what seems an age I am back in the fold.
New website DONE
New collaboration DONE
and at last a post telling everyone who I have been collaborating with. If you have a nosey gene, as I have, then pop over and see.
Hugs
Di
xo
PS Hope it wasn't the England Match :(

Unknown said...

Cool! I've never been to a soccer match but it looks like big fun!

Estelle said...

I showed Daniel your blog. He was specifically taken by the perspective of your 3rd pic.

eilandkind/islandchild said...

excellent! wish I was there!