Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Marshall's Place, Mahatma Gandhi, Mzinyathi Falls and more...

Saturday was an incredible day for me as I joined Streetscene Tours to do a tour of Kwa Mashu [Marshall's Place] just outside Durban.The first stop was Elephant House, the oldest house in Durban!
 Next stop was Kwa Mashu - I never realsied what a significant place it is.  I thoroughly enjoyed being up close and personal with the Township and it's residents. We visited all sorts of places like the Gandhi Museum,
and the Ohlange Institute honouring JL Dube - a very significant man, and one who I previously knew very little about.  Mandela chose to vote at Ohlange High School in the first free general elections:
The rest of the day included a visit to a shebeen, shoppping at a local store, visiting some resident's homes, and more. Have a look at some more pics on Freshly Found Facebook.Thanks Guys for a wonderful tour!

No comments: