Thursday, November 08, 2007

What a Week!

It has been quite a week! We are doing our best to deal with the flooding of our garden. We have had lots of help...


...and a few rare and interesting visitors!

A Wooly Necked Stork...

And a pair of Egyptian Geese
The bottom line is ... we still have a blocked storm water drain, we still have a smaller lake and more heavy rain is forecast. The cause of the blockage remains a mystery and is more than 100m from our home - but the City Engineers are working on it!

The GOOOOD news is that - as mysteriously as we lost our internet connection - today it returned. We have almost become personal friends with the Telephone Technician who was also puzzled by it's refusal to work! Great joy for us all when that little PPP light started flashing this afternoon and eventually stabilised! It is good to be back again!

10 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Hello Denise, I can’t believe you have so much space around your house! We live in a very small house with a 45 m2 garden... I love to see the stork and the geese. I hope the wheather won’t be too bad in the next couple of days!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are getting back to normal!

janine de waal said...

WelL I have to be thankful for the lake - as this coaxed Denise into grabbing my last place in PIF - so I am overjoyed - as they say... met die ongeluk kom geluk! Thanks!!!

Estelle said...

Well, it's so good to have you back.
I'm amazed at your bird photos - they are obvioulsy having so much fun that they don't notice you and your camera.

I hope all the mysteries are soon sorted out and that life returns to normal!!!

Heloise said...

Ooh! you're back. Never mind the water feature (the birds only ad to the attraction). I was worried you were going to do an Atlantis on me. I'll gladly make you laugh if you promise not to dissapear.

Anonymous said...

MY HEART JUMPED WITH JOY WHEN I SAW YOU BACK ON LINE. IT WAS TWOFOLD...............ONE, IT SEEMED THAT YOU WERE NOW SMELLING LIKE ROSES ONCE AGAIN AND TWO, I HAD A BIT OF DISTRACTION ONCE AGAIN JUST SEEIENG WHAT YOU ARE UP TOO. IT IS REALLY REFRESHING! GO GIRL! FERNANDA

Heloise said...

There is something specially for you on my blog today.

Anonymous said...

Hi Denise

I'm glad to see you and your family are doing well.

Fine Little Day said...

Oh, good you´re well.

Alexander Santillanes said...

Wow, that wooly necked stork is amazing! What a beautiful visitor! -X