Monday, October 20, 2008

Josi Joy

I had a wonderful break in Johannesburg - reconnecting with old friends, celebrating my nephew's wedding, seeing some great places and just enjoying being there with my family. Until 15 years ago, this was my home turf, so it is always good to go back for a visit! We stayed in a cute B&B called La Bastide near Hartebeesport Dam, It was just brimming with style and creative ideas!
The seating in the lounge was cleverly done and the piece-de-resistance was this quirky lamp made from scrap metal! If I could have put it in my suitcase I would have! These interesting light patterns through this small glass window in our room... were created by this old post box door mounted on the other side of the wall! A successful combination of the ruggedness of Africa with large doses of European finesse!

5 comments:

corine said...

What a dreamy place. I had no idea African could look like this. So much for stereotypes.

Estelle said...

I am so glad you had a good time. Amazed that you are up-and-running again at that time of the morning after all the travelling you did.
The lamp is beautiful, and the post-box is SO clever.

Anairam said...

I just love that postbox door - it is so clever!

AphroChic said...

What a beautiful place. I did not get the porcupine lamp shades yet. I am in the process of redoing my bedroom, and will put them in there. Once I get them, I will definitely send you a note!

kendalee said...

This place has a lovely feel to it that's evident even from a distance!