Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Scissors!

I find the scissor shape very appealing! I have enjoyed seeing it in quite a few places lately...
Prop stylist Amy Chin decorated the wall with them:
[solves the problem of "Where did those scissors get to?]
Earlier this year, Thomas Jaillot & Marco De Michelis introduced a Silver Scissor Bracelet !Sakurasnow has just snapped some beautiful street scenes in Harlem:
I love this Letter Opener from Atypyk
Jesse's block printed cotton Scissor Tape:
And remember this from an earlier post this year

7 comments:

kendalee said...

Aren't scissors one of those incredibly simple but oh-so-amazing inventions?! I have several pairs and always carry a little pair with me (except in my hand luggage now). And it's amazing how often they come in handy. Love the letter opener!

Estelle said...

You DO find interesting themes!
Jesse's tape makes me want to cut it, but I'm not sure where I would cut - skew, or straight, between the scissors?

Anonymous said...

WOW all of these beautiful scissors ideas! I want that bangle!

Heloise said...

Scissors are beautiful in a very Amish way I think.

Di Overton said...

My favourites are vintage sewing scissors especially the French ones.

Anairam said...

Great post! I love how people display their collections - in this case the scissors against the wall - it looks like an art installation. Love Jesse's tape - I hope it will be on sale at Kamers Vol Geskenke!

kat said...

My mother used to have a pair of 'pinking shears' that I used to get hold of and cut everything I could lay my hands on!