Thursday, November 27, 2008

Friends, Letters, Fonts and Things...

I had some fun this morning. With photoshop and a vintage book called "a new book of alphabets" by Gillian Greenwood. This font was labelled - Sapphire - Stempel .This delightful one is Raffia - Amsterdam!Thanks to Kat of Anything Goes, I have realised that instead of using words like 'alphabet' or 'letters', I could sound so much more knowledgeable with words such as typography or font! Kat's husband is making sure that she has a Typographical 2009 with this cool calendar from Orange Beautiful. [Thanks Kat for these simple but meaningful words! ]

Since venturing into blog land, I have realised the limitations of my vocabulary. When I have used up 'wonderful', 'stunning', 'amazing', 'great' and perhaps even 'delightful', 'innovative' and 'inspiring', there's not much left!
So I stand in awe of the talents of people like Sakurasnow who finished off describing some of her recent elemental art like this : I feel each one has captured some sort of elemental essence, and this last one most of all. They’re like corporeal snapshots of something wild and intangible…I have appreciated her blog friendship! She captures the most amazing [there I go again] art, and describes it in such an inspiring [!!] way!

4 comments:

Estelle said...

I wonder how many comments you will have today? I can't start with my usual "Wow", so now I am a bit stuck!
I enjoyed reading this blog, and I enjoy the pattern of your thinking.

kat said...

Thanks Denise for the 'link love' and comments - I'm so pleased to see you experimenting with type. I'll happily echo my sentiment of the other day - it is always great stopping by your blog. As for the vocab thing: I've lost count of how many times I've declared "I love this" on my blog. Sometimes there just aren't enough words : )

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the great mention and for saying such kind things about my work/'experiments'! I wish I could be experimenting (and blogging) more at the moment but I recently started a Dutch language course and they're really piling on the homework! Unfortunately "De hond heeft mijn huiswerk gegeten" doesn't seem to fly here ^_^ (any Nederlanders reading this please feel free to correct my verb conjugation/grammar as necessary :)

Thanks again Denise - it's always fun stopping by your blog!

Anairam said...

Alphabets! I'm in love!! Oh, words, I know exactly what you mean. I get stuck on lovely, beautiful, stunning and gorgeous. I think some people are more creative word-wise, and others visually, and a very few are lucky in having both skills.