Saturday, November 22, 2008

Yay!!!!

I don't usually do a post on Saturday, but today there is cause for celebration!
After being at the computer repair shop for most of the week, my computer was finally coaxed back to life last night!!!And today is the first day we have woken up to sunshine for a few weeks. I love the rain, and being a country that often suffers from droughts I don't like to complain about it, but after so many gray days it is good to see the sun.So I ran around with my camera in the early morning light, snapping up some of the beautiful bunches of flowers in my home at the moment - 3 of them actually!
My husband surprised me the other day and made me all weak at the knees by arriving home with a bunch of flowers - white ones because he knows how much I love white. Most of the flowers have faded, but I love this cheerful remnant on my dining table!I've just finished doing a Gifting Course with a group of ladies from my church and they presented me with a lovely bright bunch. Friends came round for lunch last Sunday armed with a most delightful country bunch. The cool weather has meant that the flowers are lasting well and keep reminding me that God's creation really is the source of our creative inspiration

6 comments:

Shellbells said...

I have admired God's creations today too. He is seriously amazing

Estelle said...

How beautiful. I understand about grey days and sunshine and trying not to complain! Even with 50,000 people sitting in the rain 2 weeks ago, Angus said he never prays for the rain to stop. Made me think!
I am impressed with your hubby - great!

Design Scouting said...

Beautiful!!

Di Overton said...

Beautiful post. I could send you some rain if you are short :)

Anairam said...

I know that feeling of yippeeness when one's computer is fixed up. (Lovely pic with the white flowers in a variety of bottles!)

Heloise said...

Yippee! Isn't it fabulous when flowers just go on and on now that we've hit the warm weather in Cape Town and my flowers wilt in a day I appreciate your blooms even more.