Monday, December 01, 2008

Packaging Try-Out


This is the first of my Packaging Trials for my Beaded Fabric Necklaces. I am trying to use as much recycled material as possible!
I am off to Gauteng for the night and am taking some fabric beads with! I finished this just in time, using a page from an old travel book for strength and then a collage of vintage print pages for the outside covering. I cut the bird shape out to reveal some colourful tissue paper underneath. In future versions I think I will use some of the fabric offcuts for the colour! I put a Freshly Found label on the back and then stitched the whole lot together on my machine!Will be back on Wednesday!

12 comments:

flowerpress said...

What unique and thoughtful packaging! Perhaps you could do your logo in a little square block like a bookplate :-)

Unknown said...

Wonderful wrapping! Ü

Di Overton said...

That packaging is beautiful as are the contents

Anairam said...

I love your packaging! It would be almost a crime to open up such a beautiful package! (I still have the stitched paper package that you used for my cushion cover ...)

kendalee said...

Something SO special about receiving a parcel beautifully and thoughtfully wrapped and these definitely fit the bill!

Jesse said...

I love the diagonal label. Using the sari or tie cloth would be beautiful.

please sir said...

Looks great - and a perfect way to save money and resources!

Anonymous said...

Dee you have done it again. This absolutely beautiful and inspired!

Estelle said...

I'm struggling to find the appropriate words. Anyone who receives your gorgeous beads is already a very lucky person. Then to also receive such labour-intensive wrapping is more special. Plus the resourcefulness of recycling. Plus the uniqueness and the prettiness.You are a *!!!!

vlijtig said...

The packaging looks great! I like the fact that you use pages from old books. What an idea!

Denise Kiggan said...

Thanks for all the positive comments!
Flowerpress I love your idea and plan to try it out.
Anairam, I am so glad you still have that packaging!

flowerpress said...

Though as Jesse says it is perfect and very beautiful as it is, collectable in its own right :-)