Thursday, January 29, 2009

Happy Hands!

Thanks to Daisy Fairbanks Vintage for featuring my glove cushions on her blog today!! Visit Daisy's Vintage Chat Blog and Vintage Boutique for loads of Vintage inspiration.

Daisy heard about this gorgeous Glove Mat from Design Milk and features that today too! It is the work of textile artist Rachel Denny and is called "A Proper Lady" Rachel expresses her interest so well...
"I have always been a collector of societal debris - lost mittens, glass fragments, and other touches of the human hand in unexpected places.
The displacement of these objects and the idea of the separation of useful objects and those that are rendered useless when they are out of context is also a contradiction that I am curious about. "What a Great Idea... I just glove it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the rug!

Estelle said...

I (g)love it when you are featured on other blogs and sites!
"Societal debris" is such a quaint expression!
The mat is simply amazing!

Anairam said...

I also glove the rug! And just think of the history that went into the making of it - all those ladies, choosing the most fashionable gloves in the shop, whispering secrets behind gloved hands, peeling off gloves ...

Di Overton said...

Congratulations o the mention. I love that rug. Have you seen Hannah Lamb's Glove Purses - gorgeous.