Friday, January 09, 2009

SUSS'T - Sustainable Designs

My daughter and I fortunately caught the tail end of the inaugural SUSS'T exhibition at at the KZNSA Gallery in Durban yesterday. It is the result of a partnership between the KZNSA and Design Indaba and catalogues and exhibits the broad wealth of design and creativity inherent in South Africa! [I did snap away, but the only reasonable pic I came home with was of the Zenzulu works on the staircase!]If you are in Durban, you HAVE to catch it this weekend as Sunday is the final day! Well worth an inspiring visit! Lots of Lovely local stuff and some Design work that we rarely see here! Read more about the Give-it-Bags featured in the main pic over here

3 comments:

Estelle said...

Interesting, glad you are up and about, and doing things before academics take over your daughter's time...
I like your pic - love SA work!

Estelle said...

I just went to look at the Give It bags (easier when I realised the Brit flag gives me English to read!). How awesome. I'll be going to Moyo here in Jozi to check them out sometime, for sure.

Anairam said...

It's looking good! (I can't wait for Design Indaba this year - hoping for lots of fresh design ideas and inspiration!)