Monday, June 22, 2009

Expressionist Stories!

On Saturday we went to our local Farmer's Market at Shongweni. It is always a pleasure to go and join the growing crowds of early morning risers. This time we met the artist and expressionist story teller Nicky Chovuchovu. We were so struck with his work and enjoyed the lively motion in his pieces. I bought 2 greeting cards. Each card is personally signed on the back by Nicky himself. Hopefully we'll go back and pick up one his oil paintings some day! See more about him and his work over here!

7 comments:

Karen said...

This is so lively! A deep breath and wow! :>

Estelle said...

Oh, those are so beautiful! So real and tangible.I can almost hear the voices.
When I buy cards like that, I keep them or frame them, and can't quite part with them (-:

And So I Whisper said...

Sooo beautiful!!!!! Love them!

Linda O'Neill said...

Beautiful work...with lots of energy to them. You must have a good Farmer's Market!

kendalee said...

These are great! The top one especially appeals to me - you can virtually feel that whirling and hear the giggles. My nephews loved being twirled like this! Probably still do but are too big for their aunt to lift them off the ground now :)

Tommy Bahama Bedding said...

I love all the bright colors. The first piece is really great :)

Unknown said...

Hi

I am glad you enjoy my work, I really have fun when I am painting. It is inspiring to read your comments.Thank you so much for the support.

Regards

Nicky Chovuchovu
+27725965999