Friday, July 24, 2009

Elephant Interaction

The last about our recent trip away! And a real highlight! We were privileged to interact with some elephants at Kwa Madwala and then ride through the bush on the back of 19 year old Modjadji!It was a life time experience. I so enjoyed getting up close and personal with these incredible animals and their trained handlers, who live and sleep with them and are part of the herd!. Was the ride comfortable? - Yes quite soothing and rhythmic - I think Jackie Kennedy agreed:
"A camel makes an elephant feel like a jet plane"

9 comments:

Estelle said...

Quite, quite awesome! So it was a life-time experience for all of you - the ellies will also remember it for a long, long time ... nature is a miracle!

Jesse said...

Wow! I'm going to have dreams about doing that, I'm sure!

kat said...

What a wonderful experience. They are such majestic creatures. Welcome back!

Anairam said...

Now listen up - if you are brave enough to ride an elephant - you are brave enough for time travel!

And So I Whisper said...

Great experience!!!! I agree with you, elephants are amazing creatures. We saw them in herds at Amboseli National Park in Kenya, but did not get the chance to ride them.... don't think it is possible there.

Down Pillow said...

That looks like so much fun! I'd love to try that someday :)

kendalee said...

Wow, awesome! You know I have a bit of a soft spot for elephants, and this looks like a GREAT encounter... a life time experience indeed! :D

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! I've always been a bit jittery about elephant rides. But, your pictures make it look so appealing. :)

Leslie said...

What an amazing experience. My son has adored elephants ever since he was just very small. Bumbo's he calls them. Most people will live their whole lives and never have a chance to experience this. Thanks for sharing!