Thursday, August 27, 2009

Cross Stitches All Over

Earlier this week I noticed the new Spring shop window set at Woolworths. I was so happy to see it included a gorgeous cross-stitch pattern!
This reminded me of my own latest vintage find - a Coats Cross Stitch Book from the 60's with this red and white cross stitch cushion cover. It always interests me to see how the present builds on and revives the past, in a different way!

I just love how Hiroshi Kawano and Sara Berner have done this in such an exciting way by adding cross stitch to their Viola Pendant lamps. The lamps are handmade from embroidered leather, using vinyl thread and velcro!
via designboom

5 comments:

Estelle said...

I love how you see themes, and how fashion does a come-back!

Down Pillow said...

Love the sweet little pillow :) And those pendant lights are adorable.

Anairam said...

I like this very much too! I am still addicted to adding embroidery to paper objects - I really love the lampshade idea. PS Your church reception area looks divine - worthy of inclusion in an interior design magazine I think. Wow, churches have certainly changed from the old days!

Unknown said...

What amazes me is overall worldwide consciousness, seen in something like design. I spent the week doing cross stich designs for my window in my shop this weekend, and here WOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLWORTHS have beaten me to it??? Anyway, mine is done by hand! I tagged you on my blog by the way! http://beatnikbazaar.blogspot.com/2009/09/tagged.html

Crafty Ferret, said...

I do beadwork and sometimes cross sitch on pricked card so I am really impressed to see cross stitch used on light pendants. I also love your woven paper shades, I had a go at paper weaving recently but couldn't think what to do with it other than using it on cards. Great idea.