Wednesday, April 07, 2010

A Bowl-ful of Balls

I try to fill my home with beautiful surprises.  I love it when visitors look, touch, feel, ask questions, laugh and hopefully see ordinary things in a different light.

I was so delighted to find this incomplete set of pool balls at my local charity shop the other day for the price of R10 [that's around $1.40 or just less than a British Pound].  I don't know anything about pool, so I am not sure what's missing.
 Maybe a white ball? I don't know?
But I do know I love the splash of colour and interest they add to my coffee table in my living room!

8 comments:

Jesse said...

They are lovely objects! Just the right weight to hold, and make such a lovely noise when they click against each other. And honestly, I'd never really noticed the beautiful colours.

Unknown said...

I love this idea! very creative!

Lauren Setterberg said...

Ha! That's so cool and surprising!

flowerpress said...

I think maybe they are snooker balls?
Lovely, I want to reach into the pic and touch them!

twin xl said...

Love the pop of fun colors :)

K R I S T I I N A said...

lovely bowl! nice with bargains aye?

Estelle said...

Oh that is gorgeous. Looks good enough to eat.
All I know about playing pool, is that males laugh when females play taking "turns", rather than following the rules.

Heloise said...

Teehee - yes I think it's the white but in a bowl full of giant jawbreakers in yummy colours -who cares. (great idea)