Thursday, April 15, 2010

Story of a Trunk

A while ago, I came across this gorgeous little vintage trunk at a charity shop, with a story all of it's own. I immediately fell in love with it.
 
When I got home, I found that the key, which was tied on to the handle, did not actually unlock the trunk! So it has just been laying around - looking rugged and pretty and tightly closed.
The next I♥Market is coming up soon and I thought all these brightly coloured Origami Record Cover Boxes would go well with our autumn theme, and they would look lovely stacked up in the vintage trunk.
 So I took the trunk to the locksmith today.  How is it possible to make a key for a trunk that does not open? I don't know - but amazingly he did!
And yes, I think the Origami Record Cover Boxes look very good in there.
The catch to the story is - the cost of the new key was greater than the cost of the trunk itself!  Oh well, it's twice as valuable to me now!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh wow love the trunk. Would love shopping with you.All the very best with your market days. Best thing i ever did:)
hugs Sue

Estelle said...

Oh that is such a cute story!
The trunk is gorgeous with your boxes.

Unknown said...

Ha, this is a story that can only be written by life itself :)
The trunk and the origami boxes are wonderful! I wish I could visit you at the market.

Ida said...

another great idea? the record covers make excellent boxes.

dinkum design said...

I love all the colours. They look so good in the black trunk. I really must try make the next market.

Miss Molly said...

what a lovely display! xoxo