Wednesday, May 05, 2010

View from my Desk

Today I am tackling a mountain of Admin. The i♥market on Saturday, tooth surgery on Monday and cleaning the house thoroughly for an evaluation by an estate agent on Tuesday have meant that the boring stuff has piled up high!
So I am firmly planted at my desk.
But there are a couple of things bringing me joy:
This delightful vintage red brick Cover for Terence Conran's House Book is keeping the In-Tray company [the one that needs to be cleared by tonight]
 In another shelf next to my desk, are these neatly stacked cables.  I am loving the idea for keeping them tidy.[via the delightful Anairam
 I've become an avid t.p. roll collector now since I've seen what they can do!
Ok, enough procrastination - back to work!

9 comments:

Romero said...

uh...cuanto trabajo!...me ha encantado el modo de guardar los cablos!!!! lo voy a implementar....
a kiss for you.
Marta

Miss Molly said...

i love the way you keep the cables! so cool!

Good luck for your tooth surgery, hope it all goes well!

xoxo

Anairam said...

Oh, admin!! Horrible. I do my admin once a year - basically when I fill in my tax form, so you can imagine the mess and piles of paper. For the rest I just make sure my bills are paid every month and that I remember to send in invoices for the editing jobs I do. But nothing gets filed until that Horrible Time of The Year. Oh yes, and Yay for tp inners! I have another use for the longer inners (of kitchen paper towels, for example) - I store my plastic bags in them. Push one bag in one side, and another bag in the other side, with just a bit sticking out each side so that you can easily pull a bag out. Then I fill the drawer where I used to keep my bags all higgledy-piggledy with neat stacks of cardboard tubes...

Estelle said...

Love the colourful book cover.
I have mounds of admin that I cannot face - so bad that I don't even open the envelopes when I collect post.
Love the TP idea. I've always though it's such a waste to just send them off for recycling.
Hope your mouth is feeling betterer and betterer.

Unknown said...

Denise ,keep your sense of humour and your Joy ,your house is bueatifull.

dinkum design said...

I think abmin and creativity are big enemies, but if you are anything like me, I need a tidy desk before the creative juices can flow. My cables are in a basket of cable spaghetti!!! I think I'll get this idea a try.
All the best with your surgery.

Valerie said...

Those tubes are such a clever way of storing cables. (Though what half the cables I've got in cupboards are for I'll never know!!)

ELK said...

oh the paper..always there isnt it...the house book looks interesting

Tonia Lee Smith said...

They way we go through paper towels, I need to use this idea for sure, thanks for the reminder.