Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Novelty Wooden Goodies

I had some fun with my macro lens, while photographing this pair of coathangers for the online store.
 
One is labelled with Union Castle Line, and I guess that means it may have hung up a sailor's uniform.
The other one is a folding or travelling coathanger, and it has bristles towards each end, which form a clothes brush when the 2 ends are folded together.
Some of the tiny colourful fibres of brushed jackets or coats are still stuck on the bristles of the brush.

I love the simple indented black print on the wood of the coathanger.

Available online in the Freshly Found Store here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A great find! My Mom always used to talk about the Union Castle.

Denise Kiggan said...

Yes They are lovely Helen. Not 100% sure I want to part with them :-)
Hope you are well!