Friday, June 12, 2015

Button and Thread Bracelets

Button and Thread Bracelets – Finally!  The tutorials are up for these button bracelets.  They are a fun, quick project and a good way to use up a leftover buttons and crochet cottons.  I’ve  shown a few variations of colour and techniques.  Mostly, I’ve used crochet cotton like J&P Coats Knit Crosheen or Elle Crochet from my own collection. I buy my cottons from Wool and Weave in Hillcrest – An inspiring place to visit if you are a local Durbanite. 
Bracelet from green thread and brown buttons with French Knots
First the buttons are linked together with thread stitches – to form a basic bracelet.  Then the decorative stitching is added.
Here the basic bracelet is made with teal cotton thread and highlighted with red French knots and cream cotton leaves. The buttons had printing on the front, so I turned them upside down to show the plain brown side only.


This one was made with the same brown buttons, but this time I let the print show – giving it a typographical feel.  The basic bracelet was made with slightly thicker Vinnis Nikkim  (South African hand dyed cotton thread) in apple green and highlighted with cream crochet cotton French knots.


For this one I used black buttons and various crochet cottons from my collection.

Button Bracelet with lilac French knots
If you'd like to make these yourself, this is where you can find the tutorials:
Tutorial for Basic Bracelet
Tutorial for Decorative Stitching on Bracelet.
Please let me know how it goes!

#letsmaketogether

This pattern is available for free on the Freshly Found Blog.  If you like to have it all together in one document, it is available as a downloadable PDF in the freshly found shop

No comments: