Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A Fresh Bunch of Pencils

I decided to doodle with my pencils - not actually on paper, but with the pencils themselves. I love the fact that these ordinary everyday objects are so full of colour and promise. My daughter is studying art in her final year at school, so she has introduced me to Andy Warhol's pop art. I don't usually buy cans of soup, but we bought a can of Campbells the other day - in tribute to Andy. So it was decided that this would make a good platform for my pencil tower! [I see that Campbells is about to become Batchelors Soup here in South Africa. I wonder if this is a world wide name change or just local?]

2 comments:

Estelle said...

I love the look of the "stack".
At the risk of sounding repetitive - you NEVER cease to amaze me!!!

I took a quick look re the names: "Soup firm Campbell's is buying household favourites such as Oxo cubes and Batchelor's cup-a-soup from Unilever"

Another blogger has spoken about the cans and Warhol:
http://leopardprintandlace.blogspot.com/2008/05/campbells-soup-can.html

Di Overton said...

Ooh I have found another pencil fan. I love what you have done here - wonderful images