You will need:
1 beautiful vintage cotton knit cardigan
1 red and white stripe print
1 feather inner
1. Cut a piece from the back and the front of the cardigan out to the size of the feather inner. Stitch together.
2. Make up a cushion cover from the red stripe print.
3. Dye the print cover in some tea, so that it more closely matches the cream sweater.
4. Stitch the buttons on in a pleasing way.
5. Assemble the outfit!
6. Snuggle up and enjoy the fact that some of those odd buttons you've been hanging on to for years finally have a use!
Really cute project! Love all the buttons.
And, your grassy flip flops are hilarious!
what a fabulous idea! very creative :)
It's great when hoarding is justified! I always need something as soon as I have got rid of it!
This cushion cover is great, so cosy and colourful. I once made one out of a red velvet shirt that just didn't suit me but was lovely fabric. It is now my cat's favourite cushion!
Oh, I love this idea of "getting dressed". Was wondering about the tea bags! (I guess you also need some Illy for the seamstress (-: )
Lovely! That pretty red & white fabric looks perfect here. :)
Also love the grass flip flops!
Oh wow, this is great. I love projects like this!
This is very clever (and so are you!) PS Your lovely Corrections cushion covers have been put away for winter - my winter colours are reds and chocolate brown and a kind of mustardy yellow, which may sound revolting, but it is actually quite nice - it matches a khelim I've had for years. PPS Hey! How does one spell khelim? - can't find it in my dictionary? Dang, I'm a proofreader, I should know this!
What a cute project, and a fun way to use all of those buttons!
What an adorable idea! Great post!
I love the idea!!! Looks wonderful, very creative!!!
this is awesome!!! Love your ideas! how do you come up wit this stuff! you're blog is awesome!
what a lovely pillow...
Post a Comment