Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Crochet Stars – A quick handcraft project for Christmas






It’s so good to be making again!  We have just finished moving house, studio and my husband’s office into beautiful temporary space.  I’m making some last minute Christmas favours. Crochet Stars for Christmas. I followed crafter and crocheter – Matt’s clear instructions on his According to Matt Website to make these delightful Christmas Trinkets

Crochet Stars

Crochet Stars – How I Did It

  1.  I used various strings and cords from my personal stash
  2. I followed Matt’s clear instructions.
  3. Matt uses American Crochet terminology. In South Africa we use UK crochet terminology.  Use this handy chart from Simply Crochet Mag to see how to apply the American Terms.
  4. I crocheted some of the stars with a contrasting border, some with a matching border and some without. I also tried a broader border of treble (UK) which resulted in a plump star. (see star on brick wall below)
  5. I used the thread ends to make the hanging thread, by threading them through underneath to the same start point, and then knotting them together.
  6. I stiffened the crochet stars in a solution of 1 part wood glue to 2 parts water.  I dipped the stars in, and then shaped them to dry on a plastic sheet.
  7. I dasbbed a light layer of Annie Sloan white paint onto the finished stars.
  8. I grouped 4 or 5 stars together on a message card as a Christmas greeting for friends
Crochet Stars - Broad Border in the same colour
I made a big batch – some to give away and some to hang on the tree and some to occupy vacant wall nails in our new home.
Happy Christmas Crochet Crafting
Crochet Stars - Coloured border

No comments: