Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Pallatable Pattern!

I love the Pattern Passion that has invaded the creative atmosphere. Kajta Gruijters is an innovative food designer who has closed the gap between fashion and food -

She designed all sorts of yummy edibles with patterned moulds...

And gave this roll designer status!

Unfortunately I live too far away from Katja to attend one of her Trend Lectures or Inspiration Workshops, but I already have all sorts of thoughts running through my head - maybe with some beetroot, a stencil and a nice fresh roll...mm...? If it works out well, I will definitely post a pic here! In the mean time read about her Adventurous Work here.

8 comments:

Pattie Wilkinson said...

Oh my gawd, those are amazing! Why hasn't anyone thought of that yet? It is just the BEST idea I've seen in a long time. Who knew? pattiewack

Estelle said...

I love the idea. Almost too good to eat!

Heloise said...

What a fantastic thought for a summer table or picnic.

Linda O'Neill said...

Oh I love that...what a unique idea. Made me hungry though.:)

viva b. said...

how pretty and original!

Heloise said...

For a laugh I tried it and the results were pretty good in more ways than one. I used a stencil but I think a stamp of some sort would probably work better. Have a look. :-)

Heloise said...

You're welcome ~ thanks

Heather Moore said...

Hey, congrats - you're the "must read" on Another Shade of Grey today!