Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Beautiful Berg

Last week my husband and my son took a day out of their lives, left home early in the morning and drove 2 hours to the Drakensberg Mountain Range to spend their day hiking!

The Drakensberg Park has been declared a World Heritage Site because of it's universal value to mankind.

According to KZN Tourism's Drakensberg Web Sight, it "meets the criteria for both Natural and Cultural listings, the site can now officially boast 'superlative natural phenomena and beauty, unique richness of biological diversity, the conservation of all-important endemic and threatened species plus masterpieces of human creative genius in the form of 35 000 'San rock art images'"
I am so glad they took the camera with. It has made me determined to spend some more time in this beautiful part of the world again!

4 comments:

Estelle said...

What I love about your blog is the diversity - coffee shops, Christmas decorations and the Beautiful Berg - they all come so easily - what a mix - you are an amazing tour guide - showing us snippets of life and creativity and pure passion.

Can't wait to have a healed-shoulder so I can do Magaliesberg again.

Denise Kiggan said...

Thanks E! Your encouragement and support help to make it so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Hi Denise. You've been tagged. Go to my site for the rules.

Heloise said...

These pics are beautiful and bring back happy memories of my own hikes in the Berg. Have a wonderful Christmas & a blessed New year