Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I Still like White!!!

More "white" around my house...

This old wooden tray has been painted white and given a fresh new life! My white sugar bowl/ vase is a real delight to me! My Skinny La Minx tea towel is folded up to form an impromptu tray cloth!

These oil paintings are sentimental to us, but the frames were dated. Instead of replacing them, I painted the 2 different frames white and they now form a light and pleasing pair!
White... is not a mere absence of colour; it is a shining and affirmative thing,

as fierce as red,

as definite as black...

God paints in many colours;

but He never paints so gorgeously,

I had almost said so gaudily,

as when He paints in white.

Gilbert K. Chesterton

3 comments:

Estelle said...

I wanted to say that is "stylish", but somehow it seems to carry more weight if I say "You have style".

(Are we supposed to say it carries more "mass"?)

Heloise said...

When you think about white like that it's no wonder you love it - I always think of it as the colour of opportunity.

Bingbing said...

Hey! Thanks for the comment on my blog. You have a lovely blog. Enjoyed reading it. =D