Monday, February 18, 2008

Crochet Panel

A while ago - on one of my essential Thrift Shop excursions - I came across a beautiful piece of crochet work. It was more or less the size of an unremarkable window in my guest loo! I wanted a window treatment to soften it - without a lot of fuss - so I started thinking! With the help of an old art canvas frame - I made this lovey lace panel. It leans against the window. I like the way it has given an almost stained glass touch to the room, especially with the addition of the anthirium from my garden.

Here is how I did it:
I have a bigger cloth in my stash here. I think I will it again!

8 comments:

Leah said...

So pretty!

Estelle said...

How very beautiful.
Yet again, I am amazed by your continued, tireless efforts.

Heloise said...

It has a lovely whimsical feel. You must have been a squirrel in your previous life. Where do you keep it all, and remember it when you need it for something beautiful?!

Alexandra said...

Great idea! It looks beautiful!

kat said...

Wow, another great project to admire! I've given you a "you make my day" award on my blog - visit it to collect and see the rules.

Jesse said...

It looks lovely! Just what I needed to see, as well - I'm working on a crocheted curtain, and I haven't been sure it's really going to work. I'm all fired up to finish it now.

TIG said...

The crochet work is incredible, and I love what you've done with it--very inspiring!

Anonymous said...

It looks just as good in real life as it does in the photo. Every time I go into the bathroom I think how lovely it looks!