Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Off to Prison!

Take a look at "Made in Jail". I have been intrigued by this Italian business for a while. It was started by an ex-con and employs many other ex-convicts. Prisoners are able to use their time to learn skills and manufacture products sold under the "Made in Jail" Label.
I love the fact that these People's lives are creatively and skillfully enriched, equipping them well to be re-intergrated into society.
This is on my mind as I am off to the Westville Woman's Prison today! I have been before - it was a truly significant experience. My friend Jill goes there weekly as a "Religious Worker" She has asked me to take the ladies through a "Gifting Course". It will be a privilege to work with these ladies and help them to see their God-given gifts!

4 comments:

Estelle said...

Wow, this is phenomenal.

I think it is brilliant that you are sharing with the women. Your gifting course has had so many great results - what a blessing to be able to share it with prisoners too.
Mercy and grace spring to mind!
In this week I saw an insert on prisoners who look after pets - it gives some sense of purpose, and the results are wonderful.
Blessings to you!

Estelle said...

Just came back to share this:
I get such a "kick" from knowing you, and also from reading about what you are doing.
You are an inspiration in so many ways!!!

Bronwyn said...

It's really great that you are doing something like this. Truly, doing some good, well done!

Denise Kiggan said...

The pleasure is all mine.
Hats off to my friend Jill who has joyfully been going weekly to the prison for around 15 years now! She has had a huge impact on those ladies lives!