Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Black is Also Beautiful

I LOVE to paint things white. But there are exceptions to every rule. I decided to paint this cute number black. It does show off my white things quite nicely! I decorated it with a white pot. Instead of filling the pot with fresh flowers, I filled it with a freshly found vintage floral scarf! I added 2 pink chinese bowls and 1 [painted] white protea for company! The white lamp base is a brass one, which I painted a while ago.
By the way, this is what the table looked like before:

5 comments:

Estelle said...

Ah, the table looks good! It is a great contrast with the white. You're the ONLY person I know who has painted a brass item white (-:

Estelle said...

I came back for another look - you must (again) be the ONLY person I know who uses a floral scarf so creatively. I don't even get them to look good around my neck, let alone as a home decoration...

Anairam said...

Oh, I LOVE this Denise! The black really looks spectacular with the white accessories. And I love your scarf idea - that is just so brilliant!!!

Anairam said...

Oh, wanted to add - last year I painted three dried up proteas white and I just took them out this morning (in preparation for changing my house over to "spring" - i.e. lots of whites!

Melin said...

What a lovely blog! Thank you