Friday, September 19, 2008

New Carpet Day!

Spring has arrived here, but it's been a bit too dry and very windy. So our garden is looking a little worse for wear. Even so, yesterday I found some encouraging signs of Spring peeping through!

The 'Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow' is blooming, the Swamp Cyprus is getting it's leaves back again, the Strelitzias are stunning and I could pick some of those deep orange Palm Stems with their black seeds again! Inside my house will be a little bit like Spring today as my lounge and bedroom have the 80's carpets like this taken out and brand new ones put in instead! Yay!

3 comments:

Estelle said...

I like the orange theme of the flowers.
Your home will be all brand-new soon with all the changes you are making!
Amazing how Spring has Sprung here in Jozi - no rain yet, but awesome blossoms and a zillion different greens...

Anairam said...

I love the orange fronds with black seeds - it is such a strong graphic look! (Interesting - I also photographed a strelitzia yesterday ...)

Alexandra said...

Beautiful! In Stockholm autumn is arriving with fast steps. The leaves are becoming red and yellow and it's almost as gorgeous as spring!