Thursday, September 18, 2008

Pink Thoughts

Yesterday I picked up this beautiful Sari from a local thrift shop. I just had to have it. I don't know what I will do with it yet - but maybe I could use it to make some soft squishy pleated bags, or some cushion covers, or some Furoshiki wrapping cloths. It was made in Japan after all!
It made me think about how much pink I used to have in my life - from cerise pink lipstick all the way down to my cerise pink shoes. I wear no pink now at all!

It also made me think pattern - and how my appreciation for pattern has grown in the last year. I love the simplicity yet cleverness of this mostly geometric design.

There's a little bit of pink to be found out there at the moment -

IAFR - Interior Adventures for Real were also thinking pink when they designed this cabinet engraved with grafitti!

Wallpaper designer PvanB 's pink thoughts:

Pink need not be pretty - it can be classy too!

2 comments:

Estelle said...

I'm also not a "pink" girl, but I do like the geometric patterns. Looking forward to your creative pink ideas...

Di Overton said...

Saris make fabulous curtains. That one is gorgeous