Friday, October 10, 2008

Repurposed Buildings

Earlier this year, I had a wonderful trip to Cape Town. Visiting the beautiful Biscuit Mill in Woodstock was a highlight! The old Pyotts biscuit factory has been transformed into retail space, with enough space left for the Saturday Neighbourgoods Market - which was an experience not to be missed!

Next week I am off to Gauteng for a family wedding. I am hoping to get to see another old building with a new life. The old AA workshops have now also become a shopping experience! 44 Stanley is all about Urban Renewal, Creativity and Skills!

Another Project to keep our eyes on is the imminent Arts on Main - an urban rejuvination of a warehouse in the Eastern Jo'burg CBD!

4 comments:

Estelle said...

Yay, finally Jozi also gets your attention and presence!
I'm sure you will enjoy it... And of course, Melville is not far from 44 Stanley... You'll have to lengthen your stay (-:

Unknown said...

Lovely! Oh and that bike, I love it and all it's ruby red glory.

kendalee said...

Lovely, lovely post. Thank you!

kat said...

I enjoyed my visit to 44 Stanley - such a collection of creative businesses in that area - makes for a good 'vibe'.