Tuesday, November 11, 2008

No Post Today!

Sorry no creative post this morning! I was awakened at 4.50 am by my daughter. I jumped out of bed - only to be confronted by a house full of water. A pipe had burst in the kitchen and had filled our home! So instead of blogging this morning, my family and I were swishing and sweeping. The house is starting to dry out now, and the insurance companies have been contacted. Apparently some of the damage will only be evident after a few days!
This reminds me of the water issues we had about a year ago!

Have a look at our own personal range of "Wet Look" carpets! I'll be back tomorrow with some dry WIP!

7 comments:

Estelle said...

I missed you!! Checked a few times.

SORRY about the water .. we had a burst geyser in the complex and it wreaked havoc ... carpets, cupboards, skirting boards in the unit itself. Plus the unit is above 3 garages - now we have to sort out walls and ceilings in the garages. Try to put in an open-ended estimate with "possible damage to ..".
Two of the garages only showed damage 3 days later, and are now growing mould. Three weeks down the line and the garage walls are still wet. We are thankful for the glorious rain, but....
Hope yours is sorted and not too bad!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I hope you get it fixed soon, but I'm glad that you don't have carpet in your house, at least!

kat said...

Oh no! I think many of us have similar incidents that we can relate! Hope you soon 'home dry'.

Anairam said...

Oh dear, I so commiserate! On 31 Dec 2007 a pipe in our bathroom burst. It being a relatively new home, I didn't know where to turn off the water, and Le'Usband was not home. I ran like a mad chicken round and round our house, in my underwear, clasping a kind of wrap round me, emitting little yelps of terror. It took me about 10 minutes to find the damn tap. Well, now I know how fast spurting water can fill a house in ten minutes. There were no New Year's celebrations for us that night! Hope everything gets sorted out for you, soon!

kendalee said...

Oh how horrible for you denise! My plumbed in washing machine once unplumbed itself and filled my flat with water while I was out all day - not fun! But it did get me to finally and properly sand and polish my beautiful old parquet floors so it wasn't all bad. Hope your house is drying out nicely now... :)

Unknown said...

Oh no! Best of luck getting everything dried up. I admire you humor about the situation.

Heloise said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that you're drowning, again. Commiserations.