Monday, May 11, 2009

Cinnamon Sticks

The Cinnamon [Cassia]sticks on my mantelpiece came from the stack I told you about before. This weekend I decided to take some of those sticks and do what I had said I would. I boiled them on the stove. The water became a beautiful rich cinnamon colour and the house smelt absolutely amazing! I thought it would impress the family when they arrived home, but they were disappointed that the cinnamon buns they imagined were baking in the oven, were not there after all!

7 comments:

Estelle said...

Did you really post this at 1:30something? Shew. My sytem only refreshed now to show it.
Beautiful! Cinnamon buns reminds me of the high school tuck shop - although I doubt there was much more than sugar and raisins in those buns.

Elv Freiheit said...

Those cinnamon sticks look beautiful and must have smelt amazing. Thanks for playing along over at my blog but I can't seem to find your email address. Please email me at parushalewis@gmail.com with your postal address and I'll send you a card made especially for you!

Unknown said...

too great
i love the way they look/smell
and the white vases are gorgeous

Di Overton said...

Beautifully simple

kendalee said...

Cinnamon is one of my favourite smells and flavours so this sounds great to me! What are you planning to do with the cinnamon essence you've extracted?

ELK said...

quite lovely in the browns & whites ~i can imagine the aroma!

Jen Laceda | Milk Guides said...

I just love this!!! Who would have thought about these cinnamon sticks?