Monday, June 01, 2009

Rural Living

I love this bus stop! It is in fact a skeleton of a bus stop in a rural Inchanga - quite close to my home!My daughter has made a number of expeditions to Inchanga because of a creative project at college. She snapped both of these last week.
The simplicity of this low cost housing development made me think of how children draw their first houses - a rectangle with a roof on - a door in the middle and 2 windows to the side!
I have enjoyed going along with her and seeing this neighbouring area with new eyes!

4 comments:

Estelle said...

South Africa - land of contrasts indeed! I only in recent years realised / noticed that the top of the window is as high as the top of the door. In all my drawings I used to draw the windows much lower down. And for whatever reason, my houses always had a chimney.
(-:

Di Overton said...

It's red hot here at the moment and that bus shelter would be no use at all :) Your daughter has an eye for a great shot

Anairam said...

I like the combination of the two shots - the first is almost like the bare bones of the simple homes depicted in the second shot ...

beauty comma said...

It's interesting what you see when you open your eyes in your neighborhood. I feel I see more clearly through a lens or when I've brought a camera!