- Prepare well - Find the rollers, paintbrushes, paint, newspaper, cleaning cloths, sandpaper, etc before you start.
- Lightly sand the item and wipe down. It is not necessary to sand down to the bare wood if you are painting. As long as the surface is clean and fresh!
- Put on your painting clothes. I even have a pair of shoes I keep specially for painting.
- Use a brush to apply the paint and get into all the odd corners and a small sponge roller for a smooth finish
- I try to do a few items at a time - it makes all the setting up worth while.
- Enjoy. I love to transform old and dull and stained into new and vibrant and fresh!!!!
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Yesterday my eldest daughter took some leave! Our day together was filled with things I love to do! We did some thrift shopping, fitted in coffee and a late breakfast and then came back home to paint.We had a few vintage finds which needed some white washing. None of them are going to be high wear and tear, so we used a good quality acrylic paint. I love to paint things, especially white. These are some of my secrets to successful painting -
at 6:46 am