Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Famous Faces

I am fascinated with all the art and design available on vintage LP covers.  I have been folding some more boxes from LP covers and collecting them into themes. 
This set of 9 famous faces  will be for sale in the Freshly Found shop soon! Old Blue Eyes, the Carpenters, Tom Jones, Shirley Bassey, John Denver and Barbara Streisand are some of the singers in this wall band!
 
Generally I make the top lid of the box from the front of the ,LP cover and the base from the back of the cover.
I decided to mount this set on the wall.  I placed a large circle of masking tape on the back of the base of the box.
Then I positioned the base on the wall.  I spaced these evenly by placing the side of the box directly under the top box and then rotating it down.  Once I was sure it is square, I pushed it firmly on the wall and placed the lid on the box!
I love the 3D quality of the display.
Interesting info of the history of LP covers here and here.
More of my Art LP Boxes here

14 comments:

Jesse said...

Such a great way to display them!

And So I Whisper said...

Love your ideas! They look great on the wall!

Estelle said...

The display looks absolutely beautiful.
I love the detail about how you spaced them

Heloise said...

Very cool!

Di Overton said...

Love your creations, so imaginative

Miss Molly said...

i love this!!! you are soo talented!

Miss Molly said...

i love this!!! you are soo talented!

wood & wool stool said...

Brilliant idea!

Kat said...

It's been a while since I had time to stop by your blog. I'm never disappointed - always something creative and inspiring here!

Wildflower Studio (Michelle Dransart) said...

My goodness, these are so great! Beautiful job on the display too! I am sure they will sell like hotcakes.
What a great idea! You amaze me with your creativity, Love it!

Unknown said...

great idea! they look fabulous!

Anairam said...

They look fantastic on the wall - Denise, you are a treasure - I love the way you tweak an idea!

Izabela said...

that is fabulous idea, I really love it! I would never thought of better use for them!

down bedding said...

Very cool :)